Today I made a big gallery update and I added well over 50 photos of Elizabethappearing on different public appearances at events, premieres and film festivals as well some new studio photoshoots and others. With this update brings the gallery to over 8,800 photos right now. Click on the below links to see new albums or previews below to see all the new pictures and of course enjoy!!
Showtime has announced that the third season of “Weeds” will start August 13. Announcing at the same time that Matthew Modine will have a recurring role.Modine’s character reportedly will have business and personal interaction with Mary-Louise Parker’s Nancy and Elizabeth Perkins’ Celia.
Also guest starring in the third season will be Zooey Deschanel as Justin Kirk’s character’s slightly deranged ex-girlfriend, Cat, as well as Carrie Fisher, who will play Arlene, Celia’s divorce attorney.
“Weeds” has been nominated for four Golden Globe awards, including best television comedy.
There is some news for the second season of Weeds, which will be released for DVD and Blu-ray on July 24. The sets include:
- Exclusive marijuana mockumentaries
- Commentaries by cast and crew
- Trivia tracks
- Musical performances
- Gag reel
- Showtime original content
- …and more
Lionsgate has set the SRP for either set at $39.98, choosing not to add a premium to the Blu-ray set. I hope to have artwork soon.
Lions Gate Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Weeds: Season One for 2nd July 2007 priced at £29.99.Mary-Louise Parker, Elizabeth Perkins and Kevin Nealon star in this series which examines family life in the suburban neighbourhood of Agrestic, California, where recently widowed Nancy Botwin (Parker) is finding it hard to make ends meet while raising her two sons. Left with more family debt than expected, Nancy embarks on a new career as a pot dealer to pay the bills. As her business continues to grow, she has to hide her new career from her family and her best friend, PTA president Celia Hodes (Perkins). In the neighbourhood of Agrestic, nothing is what it seems.
Two-discs hold all ten episodes of the first series which – unlike the Region 1 release – is presented in Anamorphic Widescreen. Alongside DD5.1 Surround audio and optional English subtitles you can also expect the following extras:
- “Smoke & Mirrors” – an original marijuana mockumentary
- Agrestic “herbal” recipes
- Audio commentaries from the cast and show creator
- Smokey Snippets
- Suburban Shakedown
- Showtime Original Series Short 1
- Showtime Original Series Short 2
- All Too Much – More than a Friend Music Video
- Showtime Original Special
Showtime’s award-winning TV series, “Weeds,” is now available for the first time on Blu-ray disc from Lionsgate. The Blu-ray disc includes all ten episodes from Weeds: Season One, presented for the first time in high-definition and widescreen format. The disc is loaded with special features including “Smoke & Mirrors,” an original marijuana mockumentary, Agrestic “herbal” recipes, and audio commentaries from cast and crew.
BD SPECIAL FEATURES
- “Smoke and Mirrors”- original marijuana mockumentary
- Smokey Snippets – humorous “extras” from cast interviews
- Six commentaries with cast and crew including two from show creator-executive producer Jenji Kohan, Romany Malco, Kevin Nealon, Tonye Patano and Craig X
- Showtime Original Content including a special on Suburbia
- Agrestic “herbal” recipes
- “More than a friend” by All Too Much music video
Year of Production: 2005
Title Copyright: © MMV Lions Gate Television Inc.
Type: Blu-ray Premiere
Genre: Comedy, TV
Closed Captioned: English Closed Captions
Subtitles: English and Spanish
Format: 1080P High Definition Widescreen
Feature Running Time: 283 minutes
DVD Audio Status: 6.1 DTS HD, 5.1 Dolby Digital EX