Elizabeth Perkins talks about her new documentary project and comedy show in “Home & Family”
•• Elizabeth Perkins stopped by to chat about her new show “How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)” in “Home & Family”. Elizabeth also discussed about her 2005 diabetes diagnosis and how the experience compelled her to shine a new light on diabetes by producing a new documentary “Strength in Numbers.” And later, Elizabeth took over “Home & Family” kitchen and showed to the public how to make an authentic and diabetic-friendly traditional greek salad. No lettuce used in this recipe, it’s the way us Greeks make it, check it out below!
01. Cut tomatoes in halves. Place in salad bowl.
02. Thinly slice red onion (small slivers) using only ⅓ of the onion. Not too much onion! Place in bowl with tomatoes.
03. Slice the cucumbers thick and cut each slice in ½. Place in bowl with tomatoes and red onions.
04. Crumble ¼ cup to ½ cup of feta cheese and place in bowl with the vegetables.
05. Drizzle with olive oil.
06. Cut lemon in ½ and squeeze over salad.
07. Chop fresh mint and use with sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste!
08. You can also throw in some Kalamata olives if you want!
Learn more about Elizabeth’s new documentary “Strength in Numbers” at diabetescostars.com. “How To Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)” airs Wednesdays @ 9:30p/8:30c on ABC. View the video interview here!